Dr. Teemu Toppinen
Postdoctoral researcher Teemu Toppinen is metaethicists with a special interest in practical reasoning and moral psychology.
- Social and Moral Philosophy
- University of Helsinki
- P.O. Box 24 (U 40)00014 University of Helsinki
- September 2015 - August 2018, Postdoctoral fellow “Relational Expressivism – Explaining Normative Thought and Talk”; Social and Moral Philosophy, Department of Political and Economic Studies, University of Helsinki
- D.Soc.Sc. (Social and Moral Philosophy), University of Helsinki, 11 March 2014. Dissertation: Essays on Expressivism
- Toppinen, T. forthcoming (pending final review), "Non-Naturalism Gone Quasi: Explaining the Necessary Connections between the Normative and the Natural," in R. Shafer-Landau (ed.): Oxford Studies in Metaethics, Vol. 13, (OUP)
- Toppinen, T. forthcoming, "Hybrid Accounts of Ethical Thought and Talk," in T. McPherson & D. Plunkett (eds.), The Routledge Handbook of Metaethics (Routledge).
- Toppinen, T. 2015, "Pure Expressivism and Motivational Internalism," in G. Björnsson et al. (eds.): Motivational Internalism (New York: Oxford University Press), pp. 150–166.
- Toppinen, T. 2013a, "Believing in Expressivism," in R. Shafer-Landau (ed.): Oxford Studies in Metaethics, Volume 8 (Oxford: Oxford University Press), pp. 252–282.
- Toppinen, T. 2013b, "Goading or Guiding? Cognitivism, Non-cognitivism, and Practical Reasoning," SATS – Northern European Journal of Philosophy14: 119–141.